What an amazing trip into the wild kingdom. From the moment we arrived at Kruger National Park until now we have been in awe. On arrival we were greeted by elephants, zebras, giraffes, and even an lion lying in the bush. At our first rest stop in Letaba we were able to stand in the front of our guest house and view an elephant grazing, hippos hopping and a crocodile sun bathing. Sometimes I feel as though we have stepped into the movie Jurasic Park as we move from real to surreal. We have have seen the big five - again and again - elephants, buffalo, leopards (only 2), lions and rhino. Andy's sharp eye caught a huge male lion eating a dead hippo surrounded with vultures. Quite impressive. Our encounters have been usually quite safe and serene - but ask us to share about our adventures with the elephants on our morning walk or sunset drive. Susan is still shaking from the trumpet sound and angry charging elephants. The accommodations have been unique as we have been staying in guest houses and safari tents. The views outstanding, the smells unforgettable, the food delicious, and the animals breathtaking. I have been wondering how in the world did God and Noah get all of these creatures aboard the ark. It must have been quite an adventure to see them all together - without eating each other. The beauty and the beast come out as you pause to reflect on the circle of life.

As we leave the park today, Cindy and I were on a sunrise drive (yes - I have been getting up with the sun) when we came across four male lions walking on the road. I was face to face with a lion - Daniel in the Lion's Path. We both survived. We will post another message on the other side of Swaziland.

Wow! Look at those beautiful creatures! Continued blessings to all of you.
ReplyDeleteJan
It all sounds great -- but I'd pass on the crocodile. Looking forward to the pictures...
ReplyDeleteDid you get to pet the animals? I am sure there was no hand sanitizer dispenser! Blessings...
ReplyDelete